Join us on this scenic river cruise to the wine regions in the south of France with its lush terraced vineyards and sun-baked hills, dramatic rugged gorges and medieval towns with their delightful streets and charming architecture.
We start in France’s gastronomic capital and explore the beautiful Saone and Rhône rivers, the preferred route of traders and invaders alike since the dawn of recorded history. Everywhere there are reminders of the Romans and the greatest empire of the ancient world.
You will be astonished by the engineering genius of the staggering amphitheater at Arles and the huge aqueduct at the Pont du Gard. Avignon was the seat of the Papacy during medieval times, heralding a century of greatness crowned by the absorbing Papal Palace and its stunning renaissance art collection. Van Gogh created arguably his greatest works in Provence and all this is set in some of France’s most stunning natural beauty – all waiting to be discovered on this wonderful cruise.
Embark in Lyon.
Overnighting in Lyon.
Included morning guided tour of Lyon with free time to explore.
Afternoon and evening sailing towards Chalon.
A morning visit to Beaune for a wine tasting and free time to explore.
Afternoon and evening sailing towards Vienne.
Included morning guided tour of Vienne. Free time in the evening to explore Tournon.
Spend the evening in Tournon.
Morning cruising to Le Pouzin. Included visit to Ardèche Gorges.
Overnight sailing to Arles.
Included morning guided tour of Arles. Included afternoon excursion to Pont du Gard.
Overnight sailing to Avignon.
Included morning guided tour of Avignon with free time to explore.
Overnight in Avignon.
Today you disembark at Avignon.
Au Revoir. We hope to see you soon.
Deposits are $400 per person
The price you see is the price you pay
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views.
- Seven visits and tours, including Lyon, Arles, Avignon and Vienne; a wine tasting in Beaune, and excursions to the Ardèche Gorges, Popes’ Palace, and the Pont du Gard
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary onboard tea and coffee
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Services of a Riviera River Cruises cruise director and concierge