Immerse yourself in the extraordinary history and wondrous scenery of the Netherlands, Germany, and France on this rail & cruise voyage.
- Priced from $3395 per person
- Departure dates from June to September 2023
From cities where modern life is set amongst buildings constructed centuries ago to stunning castles and cultures that simply cannot be replicated, the Rhine region’s offerings are vast and diverse. This river cruise voyage offers a sampling of the extraordinary history and the wondrous scenery while traveling between the Netherlands, Germany, and France. Enjoy time exploring Amsterdam on one of three optional excursions. Moving in Germany, ports of call include Cologne, Koenigswinter, Koblenz, Rüdesheim, Speyer and Heidelberg. Time in Strasbourg, right on the France-Germany border, and a final stop in Basel round out the expedition. As we sail along the Rhine, look upon influences from the Romans, Prussians, French and other European cultures. Spend time walking amongst buildings constructed in the Middle Ages on guided tours or during periods of independent sightseeing. Experience the timeless grandeur of castles and the elegance that can only be found in this part of the world. All of this pairs with luxurious offerings aboard our cruise ship, fantastic cuisine, delightful onboard entertainment, and a route that highlights scenic sections of the river, like the Upper Rhine and the Rhine Gorge, to create an experience that captures the essence of this majestic waterway.
- 7-night Rhine River cruise aboard a five-star Amadeus cruise ship
- Ride aboard Germany’s oldest cog railway, the Drachenfelsbahn, to the summit of Dragon’s Rock
- Discover the historic cities along the Rhine River, including Cologne, Koblenz, Rudesheim, Speyer, and Strasbourg
- Sail through the Rhine Gorge, a UNESCO World Heritage Site