Delight in unveiling centuries of history in France’s capital city, along the ruggedly beautiful coastline, and amidst the rolling landscapes of the Loire Valley on this immersive rail tour.
- Priced from $2495 per person
- Departure dates in May, June, and September 2023
Fill your heart with tales of the past and breathtaking scenes of the present in Northern France. This eight-day journey explores several of the country’s most beloved destinations, beginning in the heart of the action in Paris and winding through the beaches of Normandy, Brittany’s evocative locales and the lush Loire Valley before arriving back in the capital city. A common vein connects each stop: history spanning the millennia, presented through incredible architecture and wondrous sites. In Paris, commence your discoveries with a guided tour of the city, getting acquainted with popular attractions while you soak in the ambiance that only the City of Love can offer. From here, we travel by train to Rouen in Normandy and are greeted by its chocolate-box half-timbered houses and a magnificent cathedral – the combination of which makes this an exciting starting point to further explore this area of France. Of course, Normandy is synonymous with WWII, and no trip is complete without visiting the beaches that played such an important role in history: Omaha and Utah. And this is just the beginning of what we are to unveil.
From Normandy, we travel to Brittany and are captivated by this scenic region at Mont St Michel and alongside the bright blue waters of Saint-Malo. The journey navigates inland from here, traveling through rolling countryside and bluebell fields to the lush Loire Valley. With its awe-inspiring beauty and layers of history, it is no wonder that this area boasts UNESCO World Heritage designation. The River Loire for which the area is named meanders serenely amongst magnificent castles of French kings and ethereal topography, making it a focal point as we venture to Tours and explore châteaux, including Château Villandry, Château Chenonceau and Château du Petit Thouars. An evening cruise on the Seine offers a memorable conclusion to this French expedition as we arrive back in Paris.
- See Paris’ iconic landmarks, such as the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysees, on a city tour
- Explore Rouen, the capital of Normandy, on a walking tour
- Delve into the D-Day Landings and America’s involvement in WWII on an excursion to the Normandy Beaches and US St Laurent Cemetery
- Visit Mont St Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Savor the wines of the Loire Valley on an excursion to the magnificent Loire Chateaux
- Admire the twinkling lights of Paris on a Bateaux Mouche Seine dinner cruise