Take indulgence and beauty to the next level on this independent rail vacation that showcases centuries of history in Rome and the colorful tones of the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy.
- Priced from $2375 per person
- Departure dates from April to October 2023
Let ocean views and cities that span the ages capture your heart in beautiful Italy. It is no secret this country is brimming with fantastic offerings, from its gastronomy to its scenery and rich culture, and this independent expedition is your chance to immerse yourself in it all. Throughout the journey, an enticing mixture of private and small-group touring allows you to capture the essence of each destination. Pair this with private transfers and four-star hotel accommodations to create a vacation that is just as comfortable as it is memorable. Begin your exploration in Italy’s capital, Rome, surrounded by thousands of years of history. Visual reminders of the past lurk everywhere, from ancient architecture to ruined structures. Enjoy guided city touring and an excursion to Vatican City, and a chance to tour the Colosseum and the Roman Forum during your first three days of the trip. Next, it’s off to the Amalfi Coast by train. Your home base is Sorrento, where grand adventures lie ahead as you embark on guided touring in Pompeii, taste wine in Sorrento’s town center, drive along the Amalfi Coast, and sail to the island of Capri. Each excursion includes ample time to make the most of each destination, including free time in several of the small towns that dot the cliffs on the coast and hours to explore the two central regions of Capri. You also have a full day at leisure to sightsee independently in the Sorrento region and acclimate yourself to the leisurely pace of life that one can only find in coastal Italy. This trip is a dream come true.
- Enjoy first-class travel aboard Italy’s trains
- See Rome’s most famous sites while they are illuminated in the soft glow of city lights on a small group nighttime tour
- Sip local varietals and learn about their nuances during a wine tasting at the foot of Mount Vesuvius
- Explore the colorful towns that comprise the Amalfi Coast
- Cruise to Capri and discover the island's highlights, including the famous Blue Grotto sea cave