Travel with a small group from 22 – 26 guests for a more personal travel experience. This delightful tour includes a private, early-opening visit to Florence’s Basilica di Santa Croce, final resting place of Michelangelo, Galileo, Rossini and more. In Florence, explore the fabulous Uffizi Galleries on an after-hours guided visit. Learn to cook Italian style when you join local chefs in Lucca for a hands-on lesson in pasta making with a wine and olive oil tasting.
- New tour for 2024
- Priced from $6590 per person
- Departure dates in April, May, June, September, October – 2024
- Includes: high-end hotels, tours, 15 meals, service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
For the culturally curious, this journey through Italy is a feeling that you’ve become much more savvy after an art history briefing. It’s walking through the medieval alleys of Siena… or bicycling atop the walls of Lucca. It’s laughter. It’s sharing vino made from grapes in the vineyards you’ve just walked through and kicking back. It’s about becoming a part of day-to-day Italy… and new views on life… Learn to cook Italian-style… enjoy the beauty of nature along the Italian Riviera… explore Cinque Terre villages overlooking the sea, connected by walking trails… and go off-the-beaten-track for an Italian cultural connection unlike any other.
- Learn to cook Italian style when you join local chefs in Lucca for a hands-on lesson in pasta making with a wine and olive oil tasting
- Explore Cinque Terre National Park's coastal paths amidst breathtaking views
- Attend a wine and olive oil tasting in Tuscany
- Enjoy a docent-led visit at La Cervara, a 14th-century abbey renowned for its stunning gardens overlooking the sea.
- Spend two nights along the Italian Riviera at an elegant hotel that was once a private villa, a perfect setting to enjoy the magnificent scenery in the region.