Combine one of the most iconic rail journeys with scenic alpine destinations, historic cities, and five-star river cruise for an epic rail and cruise adventure.
- Priced from $4795 per person
- Departure dates from May to October, 2024
Watch as the ever-changing scenery of Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands unfolds before your eyes on this remarkable European voyage. The tour commences in London, where a Eurostar train takes us to Paris and onto Strasbourg. Excitement builds as we cross the border into Switzerland. We get a grand introduction to the pristine alpine scenery in Chur and Zermatt and while riding two beloved railways, the Glacier Express and the Gornergrat Mountain Railroad. Continue through Switzerland to Basel, where we join our luxurious Amadeus cruise ship. The vessel is our ticket to the dramatic scenes along the Rhine River, including the Rhine Gorge and the Lower Rhine. But it is not just the views you can look forward to; instead, unique ports of call, including Strasbourg, Speyer, Heidelberg, Rüdesheim, Cologne, and Amsterdam, beg your attention. Get tastes of the local culture through guided tours, optional excursions, and free time to explore. From the fantastic regional wines of Rüdesheim to memorable trips on the Drachenfelsbahn Railroad and Medemblik Steam Train, many incredible experiences lie ahead.
- Three scenic rail excursions: Glacier Express, Gornergrat Mountain Railroad and Drachenfelsbahn Railroad
- Visits to Heidelberg, Speyer, Rudesheim, Koblenz, Cologne, Strasbourg and Amsterdam
- Sail through the Rhine Gorge, an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Sightseeing in Heidelberg, Strasbourg