Wine, architecture and all-encompassing culture welcome you to Italy on this 9-day rail vacation that takes you from the sacred surroundings of Rome and Vatican City to romantic Venice, where the water is as much of a part of the city as the residents themselves.
- Priced from $3145 per person based on double occupancy
- Departure dates from April to November
- Includes: high-end hotels, tours, 15 meals, service charges, gratuities to local guides, admission fees, taxes and porterage
Through museum visits, guided tours and culinary experiences, delve into the history and incredible culture of Italy. This nine-day expedition follows a northerly course that takes travelers from Rome in the south to Venice on the cusp of the Adriatic Sea. Each stop along the way paints a memorable picture of Italy’s immense beauty. Distinctive offerings pair with regional delicacies and art expressed through frescoes, sculptures and even architecture to give each location its own feel. As you travel, soak it all in with both planned and optional excursions, as well as ample time to sightsee independently. Begin in Rome, where you enjoy a nighttime city tour, as well as a tour of the Vatican Museums and a wine tasting. From here, continue by train to Florence, where the rich culture of Tuscany takes hold. In Florence, enjoy a sampling of wine and snacks at a winery and a walking tour that explores the city’s most famous sites, including the Accademia Gallery. Getting to Venice takes on a fresh look as this journey includes both a trip by train and a transfer to the hotel along the local canals by boat. Your time in Venice is highlighted by a food and wine tour of Venice’s bacaris and a guided walking tour that explores St. Mark’s Square and the stunning Doge’s Palace. Daydream of the possibilities to come on this journey for the ages.
- Discover the romance of Rome at night on a panoramic city tour
- Visit the Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s famous ceiling frescoes
- Sip varietals with wine tasting in Florence
- Embark on a walking tour of Florence featuring the Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s “David”
- Explore Venice, including a small group tour to the city’s famous bacaris and a walking tour of favorite sites, such as Doge’s Palace